Forwarded / replayed emails

shula

My forwarded and replayed emails are not saved in the sent items
folders. I get them in my Inbox as an email sent by myself.
New composed emails go to the sent items folder as set.
Anyone knows how to overcome this stragne behavioure and make the
forwarded and replayed emails go to the sent items folder?

shula

I am using an IMAP email account.

'Diane Poremsky [MVP said:
;315032']What type of email account do you have configured in outlook?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

"shula" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

My forwarded and replayed emails are not saved in the sent items
folders. I get them in my Inbox as an email sent by myself.
New composed emails go to the sent items folder as set.
Anyone knows how to overcome this stragne behavioure and make the
forwarded and replayed emails go to the sent items folder?

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Is it a gmail account? That is normal behavior for gmail.

Are you using Outlook 2007? If so, what folder did you set to move the sent
items to?

--

'Diane Poremsky [MVP said:
;315032']What type of email account do you have configured in outlook?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

"shula" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

My forwarded and replayed emails are not saved in the sent items
folders. I get them in my Inbox as an email sent by myself.
New composed emails go to the sent items folder as set.
Anyone knows how to overcome this stragne behavioure and make the
forwarded and replayed emails go to the sent items folder?

shula

It is a gmail account, but I used gmail accounts before and it neve
behaved like that...
Actually I have two gmail accounts who both behave like that.
I am using outlook 2007
Each account's "sent items" folder was set to move the sent items to.

'Diane Poremsky [MVP said:
;315082']Is it a gmail account? That is normal behavior for gmail.

Are you using Outlook 2007? If so, what folder did you set to move th
sent
items to?

--

'Diane Poremsky [MVP Wrote:-
;315032']What type of email account do you have configured i
outlook?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

"shula" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

My forwarded and replayed emails are not saved in the sent items
folders. I get them in my Inbox as an email sent by myself.
New composed emails go to the sent items folder as set.
Anyone knows how to overcome this stragne behavioure and make the
forwarded and replayed emails go to the sent items folder?

Peter Foldes

shula

Repeating what Dianne posted just in case you missed it

'Diane Poremsky [MVP Wrote:
Is it a gmail account? That is normal behavior for gmail.

--
Peter

It is a gmail account, but I used gmail accounts before and it never

'Diane Poremsky [MVP Wrote:-
;315032']What type of email account do you have configured in
outlook?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

"shula" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

My forwarded and replayed emails are not saved in the sent items
folders. I get them in my Inbox as an email sent by myself.
New composed emails go to the sent items folder as set.
Anyone knows how to overcome this stragne behavioure and make the
forwarded and replayed emails go to the sent items folder?

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Gmail handles mail from 'yourself' differently than other clients/services
do. Outlook should put them in the sent folder you designate but gmail will
show them in the inbox, because that is how gmail does it.

New messages you initiate won't show in the Inbox until someone replies to
you. They may stay in the sent folder if you sent it from outlook, but if
you send it from the gmail web interface, it definitely will be in the inbox
list after your get a reply.