Formatting numbers as text

I am using a vlookup function. The lookup source is a number displayed as
text. In order for the vlookup to work, I need the change the format of the
number in the lookup range to text but the lookup produces the N/A error
unless I go into each newly formatted number and press F2 to edit the cell.
In essence the F2 function puts in the " ' " in the cell so it now recognizes
the cell as text.

Question... How can I do a mass update to get the newly text formated cells
to show the " ' ". My alternative to go to each cell and hit the F2 key. I
have too much data to do this efficiently.

Jim Cone

You can use Text to Columns from the Data menu.
Specify "Text" as the column format in the wizard.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"JeffH"