Format or Input Mask to allow specific letter case

I get that > means force what follows to uppercase & vice versa for >. BUT
how do I force, then NOT force (allow either upper or lowercase after the
first letter is forced?)?

Using >L??????????????? Input Mask with my screen name results in
Firstvet52; but I want it to appear FirstVet52 (force the first letter to
uppercase, then allow either uppercase OR lowercase, thus allowing the
capital 'F' in the middle of the string.

Using a Format is equally deficient. Any Ideas? Thanks

Jeff Boyce

If you want folks to be able to enter any case, why use an input mask at
all?

By the way, that "capital 'F' in the middle of the string" is probably a
capital "V"...<g>

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"FirstVette52" <(My User name is Firstvette 52, too) firstvet52@(my ISP
E-mail provider is) netzero.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Hi FirstVette52,

You could have something like this in the after update event of your control:

if not isnull(me.TEXTBOX) then
me.TEXTBOX = ucase(left(me.TEXTBOX)) & mid(me.TEXTBOX, 2)
end if

Hope this helps.

Damian.