    single alpha character fill in. When the form prints, the lower case
    characters appear small and less predominant then the body text and numbers.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

    Louisana Jim, Jan 23, 2010

  2. Louisana Jim

    Fred Smith Guest

    My best suggestion is to simply use the Caps Lock key. That's what it's for.

    If that doesn't work, you can use the Upper function, either in the
    worksheet or in VBA, to change data to upper case.

    Regards
    Fred

    Fred Smith, Jan 23, 2010

  3. Excel doesn't have this ability.

    You could use a helper cell with a formula like:
    =upper(a1)

    You could use a macro that changes the case (from Chip Pearson's site):
    http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/ChangingCase.aspx

    Chip shows how to use a dedicated macro that changes the case of the cells in
    the current selection and he shows how to use an event macro that changes the
    value to upper case when the user types it in.

    Another option would be to install a "caps-only" font (search google) and format
    that cell using that font. Remember that anyone you share that workbook with
    will have to have the font installed if they want the same look as you.

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Jan 23, 2010
  4. Louisana Jim

    Gord Dibben Guest

    As Fred points out.............you cannot format a cell to UPPER case.

    You can have a helper cell with the UPPER function or use caps lock or VBA
    code.

    Worksheet event code to be stored in the worksheet module.

    Works on columns A and B................post back if need different range or
    ranges.

    If Target.Column > 2 Then Exit Sub
    On Error GoTo ErrHandler
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula)
    ErrHandler:
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    End Sub

    Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code"

    Copy/paste the code into that module.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 09:46:01 -0800, Louisana Jim <Louisana

    Gord Dibben, Jan 23, 2010
  5. Louisana Jim

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    Louisana Jim wrote:
    > How do I format Excel cells for "all caps", with Office 07? That is to say
    > that I use an Excel form frequently, which has several cells that require a
    > single alpha character fill in. When the form prints, the lower case
    > characters appear small and less predominant then the body text and numbers.
    > Thanks for your suggestions.

    Using Caps Lock is the simple straightforward solution, subject to easy
    user override. I like the suggested idea of formatting the cell in an
    all-caps font, especially if the file isn't going anywhere outside of
    Jim's computer.

    Bill

    Bill Sharpe, Jan 24, 2010