Form with next button

Deb

Very new and not very good at creating forms. I'm using Front Page 2002.
My form is pretty long so I want to make it multiple pages long instead of
one long page. How do I create a "Next" button to get the person filling
out the form to the second page? All I can find is a submit button.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Rick Budde

Not possible with the Front Page form handler.

If you MUST have a very long form, you might want to
check with your host to see if they provide some other
form handling capabilities.

Deb

We're using IIS to host the site. I just use Front Page for developing
pages since I'm not very knowledgeable about it. Is there some type of html
code that will create a next button?

Deb

OK, then is there some way to make submission of my form faster? It's on an
intranet site but takes a couple of minutes for the Confirmation page to
appear.

Mike Mueller

Deb,

The FP form handler can not handle multi-page forms. What
you could do is use mutliple forms linked together. It
would need some custom scripting, but shouldn't be too hard.
Except for the last page, name the 'Submit' button 'Next'
and change the form options to send it to a custom asp page.
The custom asp page would then contain the next page. You
could use hidden fields on the second and subsequent pages
to get the information from the previous page. The last
page you would then save all that info to a database or send
an email, etc

Mike

:
: Thanks for any help in advance.

Rick Budde

How long does this take? You think it might have
something to do with the length of your form and how much
data needs to be processed?

Perhaps you might want to take a different approach to
having your forms filled out and sent back to you. You
don't say how you are collating the form data but if you
are doing it manually, you might consider crafting an
email version of the form where the filled form is
emailed back to you?

Stefan B Rusynko

You need to pass all variables from form page 1 to form page 2 (as hidden fields) and only submit form page 2 to the email or file
or database
- see http://www.developer.irt.org/script/form.htm#10

note: that still won't speed up form transmission since all the data still has to be eventually sent

--

| We're using IIS to host the site. I just use Front Page for developing
| pages since I'm not very knowledgeable about it. Is there some type of html
| code that will create a next button?
|

| | > Not possible with the Front Page form handler.
| >
| > If you MUST have a very long form, you might want to
| > check with your host to see if they provide some other
| > form handling capabilities.

Mike Mueller

could This be implemented in 2 ways-

1- Text email where they reply with the answers filled on
2- A form in the email which sends the data to a form
handler script page

Mike

Rick Budde wrote:
: How long does this take? You think it might have
: something to do with the length of your form and how much
: data needs to be processed?
:
: Perhaps you might want to take a different approach to
: having your forms filled out and sent back to you. You
: don't say how you are collating the form data but if you
: are doing it manually, you might consider crafting an
: email version of the form where the filled form is
: emailed back to you?
:
:: OK, then is there some way to make submission of my form
:: faster? It's on an intranet site but takes a couple of
:: minutes for the Confirmation page to appear.
::
::
:: ::: Forms created with FP can only be on a single page.
:::
::: message :::: We're using IIS to host the site. I just use Front
:::: Page for developing pages since I'm not very
:::: knowledgeable about it. Is there some type of html
:::: code that will create a next button?
::::
::::
:::: "Rick Budde" <[email protected]>
:::: wrote in message
:::: ::::: Not possible with the Front Page form handler.
:::::
::::: If you MUST have a very long form, you might want to
::::: check with your host to see if they provide some other
::::: form handling capabilities.
:::::
:::::: Very new and not very good at creating forms. I'm
:::::: using Front Page 2002. My form is pretty long so I
:::::: want to make it multiple pages long instead of one
:::::: long page. How do I create a "Next" button to get
:::::: the person filling out the form to the second page?
:::::: All I can find is a submit button.
::::::
:::::: Thanks for any help in advance.
::::::
::::::