Force screensaver (turn manually on)?

FI

Hi,
How do I force a password-protected screensaver in Win2000,
i.e. turn it manually on?

I would like to leave some programs running while I am away,
hence I don't want to log off, but since other people
have physical access to my PC, I would like to secure it
before I stand up from my chair and leave.
Screensaver time-out is no good, since it still leaves so many minutes
for somebody to gain access after I have left.

I have tried a shortcut to screensaver file, as well as
Desktop/Properties/Screensaver/Preview.
They both turn the screensaver on, without password protection, however.

Thanks in advance!

Neil Paisnel

How about finding the relevant scr file and creating a desktop shortcut to
it on the desktop.

Search for screen savers (Start button/Search/Files or folders/*.scr), find
the screensaver you want and Right click it and create a shortcut to it on
the Desktop

Neil

"Conrad Pfleging"
<newsX_7Sep_news.so-net.com.hk_microsoft.public.win2000.new_user@post.freecy