Foobar 2000 audio player

Discussion in 'Freeware' started by KBB, Aug 6, 2006.

  1. KBB

    KBB Guest

    For those more interested in functionality than skins and such
    nonsense. Foobar2000 is an advanced audio player and converter for the
    Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode
    support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular
    audio formats.

    Features
    * Audio formats supported: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg
    Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA, WMA.
    * Full unicode support.
    * Advanced tagging capabilities.
    * Support for transcoding all supported audio formats using the
    Converter component (requires external commandline encoder executables
    for different output formats).
    * ReplayGain support - both playback and calculation.
    * Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
    * Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to
    extend functionality of the player.

    Version 0.9.3 (4th August)
    http://www.foobar2000.org/

    Not even version 1.0 yet and already very good.

    KBB

    KBB, Aug 6, 2006

  2. KBB

    KBB Guest

    > Audio formats supported: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg
    > Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA, WMA.

    Also APE (Monkey's Audio)

    KBB

    KBB, Aug 6, 2006

  3. KBB

    lisztfr Guest

    KBB a écrit :

    > > Audio formats supported: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg
    > > Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA, WMA.

    > Also APE (Monkey's Audio)
    >
    > KBB

    I'm only interested in softwares developped for the windows 9X
    platforms, not
    the Aliens coming after, sorry. foobare 2000 dropped win98 iirc.

    laurent

    lisztfr, Aug 6, 2006
  4. KBB

    JK Guest

    Dnia 6 Aug 2006 11:14:46 -0700, lisztfr napisa³(a):

    > I'm only interested in softwares developped for the windows 9X
    > platforms, not
    > the Aliens coming after, sorry.

    ok go to the museum

    --
    | pozdrowienia |
    | j'k`r.o`c'h`m'a`l's`k'i na g`m'a`i'l c`o'm` |

    JK, Aug 6, 2006
  5. KBB

    Ivan Tisljar Guest

    On 6 Aug 2006 11:14:46 -0700, "lisztfr"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm only interested in softwares developped for the windows 9X
    >platforms, not
    >the Aliens coming after, sorry. foobare 2000 dropped win98 iirc.

    There will be less and less software developed for windows 98.

    Ivan.

    --

    "Ego autem quia veritatem dico non creditis mihi."
    http://hlloyge.kickme.to/

    Ivan Tisljar, Aug 6, 2006
  6. Ivan Tisljar wrote:
    > On 6 Aug 2006 11:14:46 -0700, "lisztfr"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I'm only interested in softwares developped for the windows 9X
    > >platforms, not
    > >the Aliens coming after, sorry. foobare 2000 dropped win98 iirc.

    > There will be less and less software developed for windows 98.
    >
    > Ivan.

    Espically since MS has stopped all support of Win 9X. Several months
    ago, MS dropped all support for the Win 9X OS's which means that there
    are only supporting Win 2000 & Win XP hence this is the reason why some
    software author's are dropping support for Win 9X in their apps.

    Eugene Esterly III, Aug 7, 2006
  7. KBB

    toronado Guest

    Eugene Esterly III wrote:
    > Ivan Tisljar wrote:
    >> On 6 Aug 2006 11:14:46 -0700, "lisztfr"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm only interested in softwares developped for the windows 9X
    >>> platforms, not
    >>> the Aliens coming after, sorry. foobare 2000 dropped win98 iirc.

    >> There will be less and less software developed for windows 98.
    >>
    >> Ivan.

    > Espically since MS has stopped all support of Win 9X. Several months
    > ago, MS dropped all support for the Win 9X OS's which means that there
    > are only supporting Win 2000 & Win XP hence this is the reason why some
    > software author's are dropping support for Win 9X in their apps.

    I think the main reason developers are dropping Windows 9X support is
    that it doesn't support unicode (at least by default). It's a major
    pain to support any language/character set in 9X, but pretty darn easy
    in NT/2K/XP/Vista.

    toronado, Aug 7, 2006
  8. KBB

    lisztfr Guest

    toronado a écrit :

    > Eugene Esterly III wrote:
    > > Ivan Tisljar wrote:

    > >> There will be less and less software developed for windows 98.
    > >>
    > >> Ivan.

    > > Espically since MS has stopped all support of Win 9X. Several months
    > > ago, MS dropped all support for the Win 9X OS's which means that there
    > > are only supporting Win 2000 & Win XP hence this is the reason why some
    > > software author's are dropping support for Win 9X in their apps.
    > >

    > I think the main reason developers are dropping Windows 9X support is
    > that it doesn't support unicode (at least by default). It's a major
    > pain to support any language/character set in 9X, but pretty darn easy
    > in NT/2K/XP/Vista.

    But there is an unicode -unicows is the name. There is no
    reason at all, but annoying me.

    Lh

    lisztfr, Aug 7, 2006