Font Size Lock & Prevent Copying Website Text

G

I have Front Page 2003 and I would like to know how to lock the font size on the website where no one can enlarge or minimize the text. I want it to stay the same size on how ever I publish it

I also would like to know how I can prevent anyone from highlighting and copying anything on my website

Thanks for your time

G

Good Luck. Seriously, I am not sure about your fonts problems but I suspect there is some java code somewhere that might let you attach a certain font type or even declare one. Not my bag but I suspect it is only going to work so long ans the font is a standard font type and is on the local mahine browsing it. I think this is why there are less font types for internet and html than say .. a word doc program

Regarding the locking down and securing your text part? I asked this question a month or so ago and all I got was a big soapbox on how the internet is sharable by design. I have seen a few tricks that prevent and individual from right clicking and "saving as" to a local drive. Some how or another you are prompted with a message that says the hard drive or disk is full preventing you from saving or downloading an image or pdf file. I have not been able to find any info on this one yet. The only other options I have found to be valid or somewhat possible are the traditional pdf file and the method of converting it to a jpg image and slicing it up for quicker loading and nearly impossible re-engineering. Look, I'm all for sharing but sharing and stealing just don'e get it. Plagerize somewhere else. I Would also appreciatte any positive methods to share my work but protect it from manipulation and palgerizing.

PS.. Once you get past this part you'll then want to find out how you can do it and still be ranked in the search engines. The search engins require readable text and therefore don't like plain image files or fancy flash files, etc. Hope you get someon with a little more expereince and who may be willing to share.. Kind of an irony isn't it?

E

E. T. Culling

In-line

Road said:
I have Front Page 2003 and I would like to know how to lock the font
size on the website where no one can enlarge or minimize the text. I
want it to stay the same size on how ever I publish it.

Viewers may not like that!
I also would like to know how I can prevent anyone from highlighting
and copying anything on my website.

NO!! Once a viewer has seen it it is in the cache files.

C

Crash Gordon

inline..

| Good Luck. Seriously, I am not sure about your fonts problems but I suspect there is some java code somewhere that might let you attach a certain font type or even declare one. Not my bag but I suspect it is only going to work so long ans the font is a standard font type and is on the local mahine browsing it. I think this is why there are less font types for internet and html than say .. a word doc program.
|
| Regarding the locking down and securing your text part? I asked this question a month or so ago and all I got was a big soapbox on how the internet is sharable by design. I have seen a few tricks that prevent and individual from right clicking and "saving as" to a local drive. Some how or another you are prompted with a message that says the hard drive or disk is full preventing you from saving or downloading an image or pdf file. I have not been able to find any info on this one yet. The only other options I have found to be valid or somewhat possible are the traditional pdf file and the method of converting it to a jpg image and slicing it up for quicker loading and nearly impossible re-engineering. Look, I'm all for sharing but sharing and stealing just don'e get it. Plagerize somewhere else. I Would also appreciatte any positive methods to share my work but protect it from manipulation and palgerizing.

The closest you can come (that i know of) to sort of protecting documents is to make them into .pdf files. It would make them harder to cut and paste.

Share your work and protect it? Very difficult. I suppose you could password protect your site and only give passwords to people you trust.

As far as protecting images...very difficult, if not impossible. Best way is to put them online in such a low res. that copying them would be pointless...although viewing them at very low res. is also pointless.

Right click protection is so easy to defeat that it's not worth the time to do it...and its very annoying to the viewer.

|
| PS.. Once you get past this part you'll then want to find out how you can do it and still be ranked in the search engines. The search engins require readable text and therefore don't like plain image files or fancy flash files, etc. Hope you get someon with a little more expereince and who may be willing to share.. Kind of an irony isn't it?

C

Crash Gordon

btw, slicing an images is also very easy to overcome.

| Good Luck. Seriously, I am not sure about your fonts problems but I suspect there is some java code somewhere that might let you attach a certain font type or even declare one. Not my bag but I suspect it is only going to work so long ans the font is a standard font type and is on the local mahine browsing it. I think this is why there are less font types for internet and html than say .. a word doc program.
|
| Regarding the locking down and securing your text part? I asked this question a month or so ago and all I got was a big soapbox on how the internet is sharable by design. I have seen a few tricks that prevent and individual from right clicking and "saving as" to a local drive. Some how or another you are prompted with a message that says the hard drive or disk is full preventing you from saving or downloading an image or pdf file. I have not been able to find any info on this one yet. The only other options I have found to be valid or somewhat possible are the traditional pdf file and the method of converting it to a jpg image and slicing it up for quicker loading and nearly impossible re-engineering. Look, I'm all for sharing but sharing and stealing just don'e get it. Plagerize somewhere else. I Would also appreciatte any positive methods to share my work but protect it from manipulation and palgerizing.
|
| PS.. Once you get past this part you'll then want to find out how you can do it and still be ranked in the search engines. The search engins require readable text and therefore don't like plain image files or fancy flash files, etc. Hope you get someon with a little more expereince and who may be willing to share.. Kind of an irony isn't it?

Ask a Question