    Formatting::Format (XL 2003) ??
    If this is the case, then why they are there in the 1st place ??

    Thank you.

    monir, Dec 13, 2008

  2. monir

    T. Valko Guest

    >Are Font:, Size:, Superscript and Subscript always
    >disabled in Conditional Formatting::Format (XL 2003)

    Yes

    >If this is the case, then why they are there in the 1st place

    It's the same user form as Format>Cells>Font tab. They probably figured that
    since they already had a user form for this it would be easier to use the
    same one and just disable those items when called for conditional
    formatting.

    --
    Biff
    Microsoft Excel MVP

    T. Valko, Dec 13, 2008

  3. monir

    monir Guest

    Hi Biff;

    Thank you kindly for the confirmation and for the explanation. It makes
    sense!

    PS. I've an interesting Excel thread: "Transfer of Multiple-Font Cells ??"
    in another forum with no resolution yet. Can I post it here without being
    accused of cross-posting ?? Someone in this DG might have the answer!

    Regards.

    monir, Dec 13, 2008
  4. monir

    T. Valko Guest

    Yeah, you can post it to this newsgroup but you should start a new post
    since it's a different topic. If I were you I'd post it in a new thread and
    explain that you've posted the question already in another forum but haven't
    received a solution.

    --
    Biff
    Microsoft Excel MVP

    T. Valko, Dec 14, 2008
  5. monir

    monir Guest

    Biff;

    Will do just that in the next couple of hours.
    I'll keep the same Subject Title: "Transfer Multiple-Font Cells ??"

    Thanks again.

    monir, Dec 14, 2008
  6. monir

    Chip Pearson Guest

    And the reason behind disabling those items for Conditional Formatting
    was that they (MS) assumed that changing attribute that would modify
    the column width or row height should not be allowed in CF. Not
    everyone agrees with this, but there it is.

    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson
    Microsoft MVP
    Excel Product Group
    Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
    www.cpearson.com
    (email on web site)

    Chip Pearson, Dec 14, 2008
  7. monir

    monir Guest

    Chip;

    Thanks for providing an alternative explanation.

    Please whenever your time allows look at my recent Thread in this DG:
    "Transfer Multiple-Font Cells ??".
    It can't be that difficult ? or Is it ?

    Kind regards.

    monir, Dec 14, 2008