Flying Alerts

Al

Every time I get an alert, an alert window appears at the
bottom right of the monitor and flys up to the top and
disappears. It happens too fast to read. The people at
Giant told me this was fixed, but it appears not to be.
Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I've the same problem with XP Pro and SP2. Hardware-wise
I'm on an IBM T42. Its probably unrelated, but I run my
start bar on the left side of the display.

Wimmel

Probably it's not unrelated.
I've expierenced the same problem. I also have my taskbar auto hiding at
the left of the screen.
When i restore it to the default location i.e. bottom of the screen, the
problem is solved.

I'm running XP Pro SP1. Giant told me it was fixed on 8
Nov and to download a new version. I was only using it
for the trial basis, which was about to expire, so I
didn't bother. If we can't see the alerts, it sort of
makes the program useless.

Steve Dodson [MSFT]

Hi,

Thank you for testing out the beta and providing feedback. The flying
alerts issue is known if the start bar is not docked at the bottom. We are
working to resolve that issue in a future release.

- steve

Steve Dodson [MSFT]
MCSE, CISSP
PSS Security

originated.

caught

If you look at the post above from MSFT called Pop-up
window "flies off the display area", you will see that
the problem is caused by the task bar location. It needs
to be at the bottom to avoid the "flying popups". I'm
glad I came to this newsgroup, as that never occurred to
me.

Jim Macklin

That's good because I do want my taskbar on the left and my
Office toolbar (autohide) on the bottom. I found that if
you click on the popup it stops in view, it's like a view
game.

""Steve Dodson [MSFT]"" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| Thank you for testing out the beta and providing feedback.
The flying
| alerts issue is known if the start bar is not docked at
the bottom. We are
| working to resolve that issue in a future release.
|
| - steve
|
| Steve Dodson [MSFT]
| MCSE, CISSP
| PSS Security
|
| --
|
| This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.
| Use of included script samples are subject to the terms
specified at
| http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
|
| Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all
| message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from
which they
| originated.
| --------------------
| >From: <[email protected]>
| >Sender: <[email protected]>
| >Subject: Flying Alerts
| >Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:42:56 -0800
| >Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.general
| >
| >I'm running XP Pro SP1. Giant told me it was fixed on 8
| >Nov and to download a new version. I was only using it
| >for the trial basis, which was about to expire, so I
| >didn't bother. If we can't see the alerts, it sort of
| >makes the program useless.

Nasty Buttons

Actually, the problem is caused by a bug.
You can avoid triggering the bug by putting
your task bar at the bottom of the window --
but then you'll not be able to see half the
tasks your running.
As someone else said, this bug renders the
AS program practically useless, so it would be
nice to get a fix reasonably soon...