    I remember that the 1.1 "Fix this Application" works. Is there any way to
    let the 2.0 "Fix this Application" work?

    Thanks

    Jeremy, Aug 11, 2006

  2. Hi Jeremy,

    I am afraid this is a product issue. The "Fix an application" functionality
    has already been removed in .NET Framework 2.0 configuration manager.(Link
    is still there for now, but basically it is gone).

    We apologize for any inconvenience this may caused. I will forward this
    issue to our corresponding team for review, that link should also be
    removed since it has nothing to do.

    Thanks

    Best regards,

    Gary Chang
    Microsoft Online Community Support
    ications.

    Gary Chang[MSFT], Aug 14, 2006

  3. Jeremy

    ak Guest

    Dear All,

    Just for clarification: under .net 2.0 FW is one still possible to set
    permissions on per application level?

    If "Fix this Application" is not any more, what would be the
    recommended procedure or tool?

    Thanks for clarification, with best regards
    ANDI

    ak, Aug 14, 2006
  4. Hi,

    The "Fix an Application" just use the Application Restore tool to examine
    an application and detect problems associated with its dependencies. But
    the Application Restore tool only existed in .NET Framework version 1.1 and
    earlier, .NET framework 2.0 doesn't have this utility.

    By the way, in .NET Framework 2.0, the permissions setting policy hasn't
    been changed.

    Gary Chang[MSFT], Aug 15, 2006