    causes the partial line of text to disappear again. Resetting the cell
    format for the entire sheet or for that cell only, sometimes causes the text
    to be displayed. This is not a consistent fix.

    Guest, Apr 21, 2005

    Rob Bovey Guest

    Hi Bill,

    Print preview shows how the contents of your worksheet will be rendered
    by your printer driver. It's not uncommon for print preview to show
    significant visual differences when compared to how Excel renders things on
    the screen. One of the most common situations where this shows up is in
    cells with lots of wrapped text. Also, in all versions of Excel, the more
    wrapped text you have in cells, the worse Excel's autofit feature seems to
    work. I'm not aware of any fix for this.

    --
    Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
    Application Professionals

    * Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
    * Professional Excel Development
    http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm

    Rob Bovey, Apr 21, 2005

    I can replicate this bug. It only occurs when there is only one word left on
    the last line in the display for that cell. If I leave a space and type one
    letter then the line will be displayed in the cell. This should be easy for
    a programmer to fix.

    Guest, Apr 22, 2005

    Rob Bovey Guest

    Hi Bill,

    I've seen word wrap imprecision vary from two rows too few to two rows
    too many, with the only common factor being a lot of word wrapped text in a
    cell. I'm sure there are probably specific, reproducible cases, but this is
    a general problem in all versions of Excel.

    I don't know enough about the underlying mechanics of Excel to say how
    easy it would be for Microsoft to fix it, but from a VBA perspective this
    would be a very difficult problem to solve (except maybe for some very
    tightly constrained cases). The big road block is that there isn't any
    simple way to determine the number of lines in a word wrapped cell, so there
    isn't any simple way to determine what the row height should be.

    Rob Bovey, Apr 22, 2005