First details of Sony's next-gen PlayStation revealed

News First details of Sony's next-gen PlayStation revealed

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Becky submitted a new resource:

First details of Sony's next-gen PlayStation revealed - The new console will not be an upgrade to the PS4, it will be entirely new

In an interview with Wired, Mark Cerny, the lead system architect of the PlayStation 4 (PS4), has revealed that the next PlayStation console from Sony will be faster, more powerful, and have improved audio compared with the PS4. In short, the new console will not just be an upgrade to the PS4, it will be entirely new.

So what do we know about the next-gen console?

Well first off, we don't officially know its name...

Read more about this resource...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Seems about the right time for a next-generation console, plus it'll give PC Games a bit of a push :). I'm glad to see they are using SSDs on the PS5, but I wonder how much storage they'll provide - 1GB TB seems a little measly given the storage requirements for store-downloaded games.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'd read that article and must admit to being impressed and providing the price was reasonable would definitely consider buying one.

Up until now I've preferred Xbox to PlayStation though I've only used a PS3. The current Xbox One X to my mind doesn't offer significant improvements over the Xbox One or Xbox One S to justify the considerable extra expense and the future PS5 seems to be the only console for major games offering a real step forward in terms of hardware.

And being compatible with PS4 games is a definite good move, I look forward to its development with interest.

Ask a Question