Firefox vulnerability will be patched ... eventually

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
A high-priority 3.0.8 Firefox release will patch the issue, says Mozilla.

Online attack code has been released targeting a critical, unpatched flaw in the Firefox browser. The attack code, written by a researcher, was published on several security sites. By tricking a victim into viewing a maliciously coded XML file, an attacker could use this bug to install unauthorized software on a victim's system. The bug affects Firefox on all operating systems, including Mac OS and Linux, according to Mozilla developer notes on the issue.

Mozilla developers have already worked out a fix for the vulnerability. It's slated to ship in the upcoming 3.0.8 release of the browser, which developers are now characterizing as a "high-priority fire-drill security update," thanks to the attack code. That update is expected sometime early next week.

Source: Computerworld.

:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Despite that, I'm considering changing to Firefox.

Microsoft, gawd bless 'em, have added another link to my favourites toolbar in IE8. It's in bold type and is called 'Get More Add-ons'.

I have auto-update switched on within Vista.

Did I ask for that tab? Well did I? :mad:

No I blinkin' well did not...... Grrrrrrr

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You have addons in IE7 (&6, I think), just as with Firefox ... just never had a "button" for easy access & control before.

Why don't you just err, untick the "favorites" bar? It don't affect Favorites. ;)

How to untick the favorites bar ... right-click a bit of blank space on the toolbar, untick favorites, done. :)

The "controls" are all there if you look for them. :wave:

I'm not defending anyone anyhow noway ... just a wee bit surprised at the lack of knowledge in some people. :rolleyes: Don't let me stop anyone for using there own judgment in what they want on their PC. :p

:user:

Attachments

• addons.JPG
    addons.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 183
  • addons2.JPG
    addons2.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 170
  • addons3.JPG
    addons3.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 187

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ahem, I am perfectly capable of disabling the Favourites toolbar so don't come the old sarkiness with me young man :p

What I object to is them doing stuff to my system without even asking me, fair makes me blood boil Arkwright :mad:

Just like I-Tunes trying to tell me what my favourite songs are - like - bugger off :D

It's a slow insiduous Orwellian method that I find totally disagreeable.

Nowt wrong with add-ons, plenty wrong with tinkering with one's personal settings.

Ask a Question