    BTW, I found a simple "zoom" transition the other day on ppt 2007, and
    it worked fine. I can't find the set up for it now. I think it might
    have been under Format in some sort of Customize selection. Where is it?

    W. eWatson, Apr 8, 2011

  2. W. eWatson

    W. eWatson Guest

    On 4/8/2011 6:38 PM, Steve Rindsberg wrote:
    > In article<inne04$nj6$>, W. eWatson wrote:
    >> OK, I have a four pictures on a slide, and I would like to zoom from
    >> their normal size to large size when I click on one, or whatever I need
    >> to use to activate it. I suppose I would "click" on the large size to
    >> reduce it back to normal and then operate the next pic the same way.
    >>
    >> If this doesn't work, then I need to find a way to redistribute the pix
    >> easily on to other slides. I initially set them up as 4 per slide, but
    >> they are too small to be sharp when projected on a screen 12' away.
    >> There are 60 or so such 4 per slides.

    > Tedious as all getout with this many slides, but ...
    >
    > For each of these slides, add four more slides, copy one picture to each,
    > make it fill the slide, give it a hyperlink to action setting linking back
    > to the original four-up slide then set the slide to hidden.
    >
    > Now for each of the four pictures on the original slide, add an action
    > setting, Hyperlink to and choose the appropriate full-screen image slide.
    >
    > Now you'll be able to click on one of the pictures to switch to a
    > fullscreen slide of the image, then click the slide to return to the
    > original slide. Since the full-screen slides are hidden, you won't be
    > able to navigate to them with the usual navigation keys, so they won't
    > appear accidentally.
    >
    >> BTW, I found a simple "zoom" transition the other day on ppt 2007, and
    >> it worked fine. I can't find the set up for it now. I think it might
    >> have been under Format in some sort of Customize selection. Where is it?

    > Slide transitions are in Animations tab | Transition to This Slide group

    Ah, the "expand" is a slide icon.

    Thanks for the tips on "full screen". I'll have to ponder that for
    awhile. Fortunately, my pitch is over to a fairly small group, 12. In
    that environment, the four per slide did work, but I could tell the
    slides needed larger pix. I suppose another thing I could do is just
    increase the size of each pic. It may look a little weird if they fill a
    lot of room. It's unfortunate that I have no way of trying them out on
    a big screen view before hand. I have to place my 4x6' foot home screen
    about 6' away from the projector to get the slide on it.

    W. eWatson, Apr 9, 2011

  3. W. eWatson

    W. eWatson Guest

    On 4/9/2011 11:48 AM, Steve Rindsberg wrote:

    >> Thanks for the tips on "full screen". I'll have to ponder that for
    >> awhile. Fortunately, my pitch is over to a fairly small group, 12. In
    >> that environment, the four per slide did work, but I could tell the
    >> slides needed larger pix. I suppose another thing I could do is just
    >> increase the size of each pic. It may look a little weird if they fill a
    >> lot of room. It's unfortunate that I have no way of trying them out on
    >> a big screen view before hand. I have to place my 4x6' foot home screen
    >> about 6' away from the projector to get the slide on it.

    > You can get a rough idea of what it'll look like, say, 12 feet from a 12'
    > screen by standing twice that far from your 6' screen.
    >
    > In 2002 and up, you can play games with triggers, it occurs to me.
    >
    > One slide, four small images plus four full size versions of the same images,
    > the small images sent to back so they're behind the big fellas.
    >
    > For each big image, assign it an appear animation with timing set to Trigger,
    > On click of the small version of the same image. And assign it an Exit
    > animation, Triggered on click of itself.
    >
    > So: during the show, you see just the small images; you click on one and its
    > big brother appears. You click on the big brother and it goes away.
    >
    > This saves having to create all those extra slides.
    >
    > Now, if you want to get REALLY slippery:
    >
    > Instead of inserting pictures as pictures, insert rectangles that are the same
    > proportions as the pictures you intend to insert, then give the rectangles a
    > picture fill.
    >
    > Now you can create the first slide and all the animations. Once it's working
    > right, duplicate it. Then change the fill to the pictures for the new slide.
    >
    > OR if you're using 2007, you can go back to using pictures as described above,
    > dupe the slide, right click and choose Change Picture to insert a different
    > pic ... while retaining the animations. O frabjous day, did you ever save
    > yourself a ton 'o work. ;-)

    Unfortunately, 12' away produces a very large image, and I have nothing
    in the house to project it on. Ah, I see. You are saying at least I can
    get maybe one pic on the 4x6' screen. I'll give it a try.

    I've never been able to put pictures inside rectangles (text boxes?).
    I've either just dropped a pic on the slide w/o any border, or used
    Photo Album to create "boxes" with borders and a pic inside. I do recall
    hitting upon some aspect of PPT that would allow me to border a single
    pic with a variety of borders. I opted for PAlb to get the job done
    quickly.

    Well, you've certainly given me a lot of options. I'll see what I can do
    tomorrow to try some of them out. It looks like the last choice might be
    very workable.

    W. eWatson, Apr 9, 2011
  4. W. eWatson

    Guest

    , Jul 24, 2012
  5. W. eWatson

    Guest

    Hi!
    I just found a quite simple but very effective solution, here follow:
    1) copy each picture in a new PP slide, shrink it to fill the slide
    2) in your presentation, instead of the picture insert each slide by doing "insert Object" and then "Create from file"
    3) for each of them: select it, ad action, on Mouse Click select "Object Action" = "Show"

    here it is!
    Simple and effective!

    , Apr 8, 2013