Find, Copy, Sort, Forward, Add Text - COMPLICATED!

Reaction score
Ok! Here's a VBA macro challenge far greater than what I am capable of taking on. Let me first give a little background. I work with aircraft and their departures and landings. Our inbox is organized like the below:

Inbox
->Aircraft Files
-->Aircraft name
---->Airport name
---->Airport name
-->Aircraft name
---->Airport name
-->Aircraft name
---->Airport name

.....and so on and so on. For each takeoff or landing that we are to handle, we receive an email with some text and a Unique ID that looks like <<#ABC1234567#>> with all characters in the Subject line. The text is always the same but the Unique ID changes. A subfolder (Airport name as it appears above) is created and that message filed. Every email received regarding that call thereafter is then filed into that folder. What I desperately need is a way, when I click on an "Airport Name" folder, to have Outlook 2007 find the orginal message (via the constant text in the subject line) in that subfolder and copy the Unique ID from the subject line. Then, sort all unread mail in that subfolder not containing that Unique ID. Then, individually forward each email, adding that Unique ID to the Subject or Body of each email. The forwarding address is the same for all aircraft and never changes.

If this is at all possible, please let me know. And if anyone could assist with some code, I would be in debted to you. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I'm drowning with an increased workload and would love a way to filter out work a monkey could do. Many thanks in advance for the help!

Ask a Question