fill in data that is not empty

T

Tariq Khalaf

I have a list of products listed on one worksheet, but not every product will have a value. In a separate worksheet I want it to only pull over the products that have values. I have been able to output the fist column of pizza but pizza-crust will not continue

Sheet 1 called prices

list pizza pizza-crust pizza-thin
pepper 1 5 8
beef 2
bacon 3 6
pineapple 4 9
mushroom 7 10
The macro that I have does the following

list pizza
pepper 1
beef 2
bacon 3
pineapple 4
how can i get it to fill in the data for the rest of the columns so that itwould put pizza crust and then the data for each and then put pizza-thin and the data for that

below is the macro

Sub Button2_Click()
Dim column As Integer
column = 1
newrow = 1
Do Until Worksheets("sheet1").Cells(column, 1).Value = ""

If Worksheets("sheet1").Cells(column, 2).Value <> "" Then

Worksheets("sheet2").Cells(newrow, 1).Value = Worksheets("sheet1").Cells(column, 1).Value
Worksheets("sheet2").Cells(newrow, 2).Value = Worksheets("sheet1").Cells(column, 2).Value

newrow = newrow + 1
End If
column = column + 1
Loop
End Sub
thanks

D

Don Guillett

I have a list of products listed on one worksheet, but not every product will have a value. In a separate worksheet I want it to only pull over the products that have values. I have been able to output the fist column of pizza but pizza-crust will not continue

Sheet 1 called prices

list pizza pizza-crust pizza-thin

pepper 1 5 8

beef 2

bacon 3 6

pineapple 4 9

mushroom 7 10

The macro that I have does the following

list pizza

pepper 1

beef 2

bacon 3

pineapple 4

how can i get it to fill in the data for the rest of the columns so that it would put pizza crust and then the data for each and then put pizza-thinand the data for that

below is the macro

Sub Button2_Click()

Dim column As Integer

column = 1

newrow = 1

Do Until Worksheets("sheet1").Cells(column, 1).Value = ""

If Worksheets("sheet1").Cells(column, 2).Value <> "" Then

Worksheets("sheet2").Cells(newrow, 1).Value = Worksheets("sheet1").Cells(column, 1).Value

Worksheets("sheet2").Cells(newrow, 2).Value = Worksheets("sheet1").Cells(column, 2).Value

newrow = newrow + 1

End If

column = column + 1

Loop

End Sub

thanks

Different ways. Reply to dguillett1 @gmail.com with your file.

Ask a Question