file missing system32\imagemgt32.exe

G

Hope someone can help me, i have win xp prof and on 12\21\03 i got a virus called ( trojan.gema ) on my computer. have norton system works 2003 installed with current updates. upon removing the virus from ( c:\windows\system32\imagemgt32.exe ) file using instructions from symantec , now when booting system up i get an error message stating that file ( c:\windows\system32\imagemgt32.exe ) can not be found. i checked sys32 and file is no longer in system

Can someone give me directions on how to reload file into system, I have the win xp pro CD but not sure on how or what steps to take. Any help anyone can supply will be appreciate
THANK YOU
CRAIG HARTMAN
E-Mail address is (e-mail address removed)

W

Will Denny

Hi

imagemgt32.exe is part of the virus - you don't want that file back. Have a look in msconfig>startup to see if the file is referenced there. If so, uncheck it and reboot your system.

G

I had the same problem when my computer booted up. I want to mention one thing. Someone in here wrote to do the same thing in ms config, but instead of just unchecking the box with the virus name, I actually went to the file in the registry that it was pointing to and found it and deleted it and that got rid of my message when I booted up my computer.

Ask a Question