Access file/folder not accessible on XP pro

Reaction score
Hi!!! all
I am not able to access a .rar file and a folder showing 0kb both of approx. 8mb contains important word files.The OS is Xp professional.This problem arose after fresh os installation.I have tried almost everything like Security settings, ownership issue etc, almost all the options available there but its not working, even i tried afresh installation.I also tried the subancl tool. but the file is not accessible says Access denied'.tried some tools but the problem is still there.please help.

Reaction score
Access errors

rexupen said:
I am not able to access a .rar file and a folder showing 0kb both of approx. 8mb contains important word files.The OS is Xp professional.This problem arose after fresh os installation...

Please clarify:
i am assuming you are trying to restore data from a backup you made before reimaging, yes? or are they files on a usb drive?

rexupen said:
...I have tried almost everything like Security settings, ownership issue etc, almost all the options available there but its not working, even i tried afresh installation.

.....of XP?

Before you reinstalled the OS did you have fast user switching enabled? changing to/from that setting in XP will cause access issues....

Ask a Question