Giveaway FarCry 3 : Blood Dragon

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ubisoft are giving away FarCry 3 : Blood Dragon for free, although I don't know how long this deal will last:

https://club.ubisoft.com/en-US/ubi30

It's a really funny game, worth getting for free if you liked any of the FarCry series (it has a lot of 80s retro humour in it!).

Reaction score
Do you need a XBox or similar or can you just run it from the dvd:confused:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What is this DVD you speak of? :p

Its'll be a digital download I'd imagine Bootneck, via Ubisoft Uplay. :)

I think I have this on Steam, from a sale when it was cheap, its another game I've never installed never mind played! :blush:

Reaction score
Oh thanks VR never been into gaming but have thought about it.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Oh thanks VR never been into gaming but have thought about it.

Time to have a go then. Steam runs great on Mint. Install it and buy Half Life or System Shock and pull that trigger.

• :cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon won't run in Linux. I also bought it going cheap in a sale and, er, I didn't like it at all, it's hardly been touched. That, however, is just me and it's become quite clear my gaming tastes seem to be unlike most other folks ;)

Go with what Abarb said, install Steam and then buy a couple of cheapies to try. If you want advice on which keys to bind to play a given game ask away as some key combinations work better than others.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon won't run in Linux.

Oh yeah.

2G4979P.png

:p

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Abarbarian and Mr Flops. I will have a look at Steam this evening:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score

Wine don't count cos it is for wimps :p

I mean, come on, what's the point? It's like having a bath with your boots on and to my mind goes against the whole penguin ethos.

Not that I'm holding myself up as any kind of knowledgeable Linux person mind you, truth is when it comes to that Unix code I'm daft as a brush.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Wine don't count cos it is for wimps :p

I used to think lager was for wimps or weomen but have since changed me mind. Thought the same for wine too but have developed a taste for red or pudding varieties over the years.

Never used WINE meself as I have similar thoughts to yours about it. I'd rather dual boot or play games on linux that work natively.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Abarbarian and Mr Flops. I will have a look at Steam this evening:thumb:

You could always try out some of the native games that come with your os. Don't know how it goes in Mint but in MX-15 I can open up Synaptic and use that to download and install stuff.

Nethack is a great game for wasting away a few minutes or hours.:thumb:

eF11JTj.png

or as you are of that sort of age this might suit :p

cKOSUaz.png

There are some real gems for free, like, Supertuxkart, Freedroidrpg, Flight-of-the-Amazon-Queen,ExtremeTuxRacer,Drascula,Beneath-a-Steel-Sky, and AlienBlaster to name a few. They may not be as swish as Skyrim or Call of Duty 4 but they don't cost £40 and they are good fun.

:cool:

An I almost forgot this gem

1tuEU0i.png

Last edited:

Ask a Question