Fan question.

Kye

Reaction score
i was reading floopybootstromp's review of the Gigabyte 3D Rocket Pro Cooler, and noticed the case, a Lian Li PC-61.

i normally avoid 80mm fans, and like the thought if a bigger, quieter fan pushing more air...but since this case has 4, 2 in front and two at back...i started thinking....

Does the CFM double that from both Fans? so..two front 80mm fans pushing out around 36CFM, is that 72CFM for the front?

also, two fans next too eachother, would that mess up airflow? i mean, you cant have two airflows intending too go the same way.

depending what answers i get, i will be getting the Lian Li Pc-61 this monday :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Kye: The Lian Li PC-61 is a fine case, I have two of them. I would recommend it.

However.

The two front 80mm fans, for me, do little to help case temps. This is because I have four hard drives fitted. 2 IDE drives are in the 'normal' place, below the floppy drive, but my other 2 SATA drives (RAID 0) are in the lower case 'cage' directly behind the two front fans.

This means that although the two front fans do keep those hard drives cool, they do little to lower case temps.

The rear exhaust fan and roof exhaust fan do help.

In my mind, Lian Li should have supplied a cutout to mount an extra rear exhaust fan, this would have helped matters. There is space there, below the existing fan space, if you want to cut a hole for an extra 80mm fan.

My CPU temps are fine. Case temps, however, in my opinion, could be bettered.

The best case temp cooling I've had have been with the Antec and Chieftec range of cases. However, they're bigger and to my mind just don't possess the 'class' of the Lian Li cases.

As I said earlier, the build and the finish of the Lian Li Case is superb, but unless you're prepared to mod or use high powered fans, in my experience the case temp situation is not the best.

Having said that, in my second Lian Li Case, I have all their stock fans fitted, daughter's machine, XP2400, CPU temp (at full load) is 45C, Case temp is 34C, that's not so bad.

In my 'main machine' case atm, (the other Lian LI) CPU temp at full load is 47C, case temp is 40C. And that's what concerns me. 40C.

Anyway, there ya go, an honest appraisal, the main difference between the two setups is that in my 'main machine' case setup, I have 2 hard disks blocking the inlet fan air flow.

Hope that helps and it hasn't actually confused you more.

Kye

Reaction score
is that with using the top of the HDD stack? i mean, mine is at the bottom, same with my CD/DVD...since i couldnt get too the other side of the case :D

theres too many cases out there, and the flaws they have another case has that fixed but has a flaw that the other case fixes...

Ask a Question