false alert?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to install AnyDVDHD, and each time I install it I get Kaspersky coming up warning me that there is a virus in it. I have attached a pic of the problem. I downloaded it from Slysofts website so I don't understand as to why its being picked up as a threat?

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Wiz

Attachments

• Untitled 2.jpg
    Untitled 2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 222
Reaction score
wizkid said:
so I don't understand as to why its being picked up as a threat?

Wiz me dear fella, its not about where you downloaded it from, but more what happened to it on the way.. It could easily have been hijacked along the way..Also it might look like it is hosted on their, but could be an external mirror and who's to say the external mirror can be trusted..I have had KIS stop updates from Microsoft, because it thought there were a threat..
Anyway I just went to the site and tried to download it and got the same thing.
Moral of the story, don't trust anyone..

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Wiz me dear fella, its not about where you downloaded it from, but more what happened to it on the way.. It could easily have been hijacked along the way..Also it might look like it is hosted on their, but could be an external mirror and who's to say the external mirror can be trusted..I have had KIS stop updates from Microsoft, because it thought there were a threat..
Anyway I just went to the site and tried to download it and got the same thing.
Moral of the story, don't trust anyone..

Hi Madxgraphics,

I have removed it and downloaded it again and it seems fine now. Is this common for files to sometimes get hijacked along the way?

Thanks,
Wiz

Reaction score
wizkid said:
Hi Madxgraphics,

I have removed it and downloaded it again and it seems fine now. Is this common for files to sometimes get hijacked along the way?

Thanks,
Wiz

Hi Wiz
Glad you got it sorted..I wouldn't say its common, but it does happen..

Ask a Question