    Is there anything I should do to safeguard myself please.

    Thanks

    Chevie

    Chevie Brewer, Oct 6, 2004

  2. Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of spyware:

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

    3 Steps to Help Insure Your PC is Protected:

    Help Safeguard Your Personal Information Online
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/spoof.mspx

    Steps that you can take to help identify and to help protect
    yourself from deceptive (spoofed) Web sites and malicious hyperlinks

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    Carey Frisch [MVP], Oct 6, 2004

  3. Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:

    > Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of spyware:
    > http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button
    >
    > Symantec Security Check
    > http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym
    >
    > 3 Steps to Help Insure Your PC is Protected:
    >
    > Help Safeguard Your Personal Information Online
    > http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/spoof.mspx
    >
    > Steps that you can take to help identify and to help protect
    > yourself from deceptive (spoofed) Web sites and malicious hyperlinks

    Thank you so much Carey

    Firstly I ran the Symantec Secirity Check which took over an hour so it
    must have done a thorough job and it reported that my pc was clean and
    secure.

    S4econdly I installed & ran AdAwareSE which found 100 items most of
    which have been quarantined. Not to sure what to do with these at the
    moment but will read more to see what I should do next.

    Finally I will study the three articles you included hyperlinks for.

    Regards

    Chevie

    Chevie Brewer, Oct 6, 2004
  4. Chevie Brewer

    Guest Guest

    don't open attachment's.

    Guest, Oct 7, 2004
  5. Chevie Brewer

    ...D. Guest

    You can get delete those quarantined files when you are in Adaware.
    Keeping them is OK because it might have somehow pinpointed a file you
    need to run your computer by mistake, But that's never happened to me.
    Most are just cookies I believe. I just delete quarantined files after my
    next batch is identified by Adaware.
    ...D.
    -------
    OT : The steel knights (st33l_kn1ghts) are a smaller chatroom group (Yahoo
    Messenger based) of computer users. Enjoy knowing the people you are in a
    chatroom environment with, and having some new friends to Instant Message.
    Beginners are welcome. Those of us who know computers can help you.
    Requirements: be a semi-responsible individual.
    http://www.steel-knights.com (We don't just talk computers).

    ...D., Oct 7, 2004