Windows XP Failure to initialize CTMBHA.DLL message

Reaction score
I just bought a new Windows XP Pro PC. Right after I installed Norton System Works, I started getting the message RUNDLL "Error loading CTMBHA.DLL: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed". I'm not sure it had anything to do with Norton, but I can't find out anytrhing about this DLL. Dell was no help at all. I've run Norton virus checker on the whole computer and Spysweeper, also Norton One Button checkup. Everything on the computer seems to be in order. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, just don't know what to do next.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
What version of NSW is this?

... and to be honest, I would bin it. ;)

Reaction score
Found problem

I fixed this problem this evening. My Dell has Datasafe, which includes a version of Norton Ghost (10.0), on it. Then I installed Norton System Works Premier 6.0 to get a virus checker on the system. However NSW has a (later) version of Ghost, which overrode the Dell Ghost. It was just after this that the DLL message came up. As the NSW version of Ghost wasn't working correctly - something to do with the way the Dell was set up, I think - I uninstalled the NSW Ghost and Goback (but kept the other options). Amazingly, and beside the point, this took two hours! At any rate, when I reinstalled the Dell version of Ghost the DLL message and the weird behavior of Ghost went way. Weird, to say the least...

Ask a Question