ChrisJ9876

From: "Andy McC" andy.mcc@_removethis_blueyonder.co.uk
Date: 11/22/2003 8:22 PM Eastern Standard Time

Hmmmm....

My Pc died a death!!!

Syptoms:

There have been several stages I've got to.

First pc would shut itself down after about 10 secs. Not an overheating
problem, Heatsink is cool to the touch.

Shorted the CMOS and tried again, and got "CMOS reports Checksum Error"

I cleared the CMOS again, and this time was able to enter the bios long
enough to reset to defaults.

The PC seems to boot now, but only get 20 secs in before the pc shuts itself
down. Each time I have to unplug the power cable for a minute or 2 before it
will start again.

Have checked Vid-card, memory, reseated the CPU, Tested PSU, I even tried
swearing at the PC... all to no avail.

My thoughts are with a failed motherboard, any ideas??

Not knowing how you "tested" the PSU, I'd try another one. Cheaper & easier
than a motherboard.