Extract Email from a Picture

prkhan56

Hello All,
I posted this on excel.programming...but no reply yet.. so posting it
here...Can anybody help me please

Hello All,
I am using Office 2003 and I have the following problem.
I have a long list of Contractors which I copy/pasted from the
Internet.
In column C there is a Picture of an "Envelope" which is having a
"mailto: (e-mail address removed)" in the link.

I wish to extract the 'mailto:[email protected]' part in Column H for
each row.
I tried the following macro but after Line 2 in the following Macro, I
right clicked and copy the link from the email address and pasted it in

H (which is apparently not recorded in the Macro)

Line 1 - Sub ExtractEmail()
Line 2 - ActiveSheet.Shapes("Picture 794").Select
Line 3 - Range("H377").Select
Line 4 - ActiveSheet.Paste
Line 5 - End Sub

Can this process be automated so that each 'mailto: (e-mail address removed)'
from all the rows get extracted in the appropriate rows?
I would really appreciated any help or suggestions in this regard
TIA
Rashid Khan

From: (e-mail address removed) - view profile
Date: Sun, Apr 9 2006 10:48 am
Email: (e-mail address removed)
Groups: microsoft.public.excel.programming
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

original | Remove | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Hello All,
Further to my previous post I have found this on the newsgroup.
If the following macro can be 'modified' to my needs then I would be
really grateful.

The following macro should be modified to read each Pictures in Column
C and Input the Hyperlink in the corresponding row in Column H...

TIA

Sub testme02()

Dim myPict As Picture
Dim myHyperLink As Hyperlink

Set myPict = ActiveSheet.Pictures(5)

Set myHyperLink = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
Set myHyperLink = myPict.ShapeRange.Item(1).Hyperlink
On Error GoTo 0

If myHyperLink Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "no links"
Else
MsgBox myHyperLink.Address
End If

End Sub

Unquote

prkhan56

Hello MDBJ,
Thanks for your reply.
What I really want is to send emails to Clients, whose email address I
have copy/pasted from the net. It is not Spam.

Will somebody help me now?

Rashid Khan

Bill Sharpe

Hello MDBJ,
Thanks for your reply.
What I really want is to send emails to Clients, whose email address I
have copy/pasted from the net. It is not Spam.

Will somebody help me now?

Rashid Khan
Just how many "clients" do you have? Your original post mentioned a long
list of contractors. Sure looks like a spam effort to me.

Bill