Word Extract desired text from a list of words/value

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a list of values, out of which I need to extract a specified set of values with some conditions.

Sr # Values
1 A
2 B
3 D
4 S
5 J
6 C
7 B
8 R
I need to have values which are higher than D i.e A,B and C in proper order. The list comprises of thosuands of values and the same has to be done with several sheets, I t cannot be done manually. Please advise some formula.. :(

Thnx

Last edited:
Reaction score
A couple questions about this before I begin:
1: What version of Excel are you working in?
2: Do you ONLY want to show values of A, B, and C and delete the rest?
3: Do you want to simply sort the entire table based on the second column in alphabetical order?

Reaction score
Dear ,

I am using Excel 07.
I want to have values A, B, C with their Serial # against their respective cells.

Reaction score
What you can do is use a filter to make this work the easiest. Select a cell in the table, then go to the Data tab and click on Filter. Next click on the drop down for the Values column heading, choose (Select All) to uncheck everything and then check the values you want to see. Then, before you click OK, click on Sort A to Z and you should have your values. If you want to completely delete the other values, let me know and I can walk you through how to pull out the results of the table from there.

Ask a Question