external transative trusts between domains

G

I can't seem to be able to establish a external two-way transative trust between 2 domains. Trying to establish an external trasative domain going from 2000 to 2003 environment is giving me a the error: The RPC server is unavailable

I can establish trust from the 2003 into the 2000, but not from 2000 into the 2003. DNS seems to be working fine on both domains

Anyone know why this is

C

Christopher Calvin

what do you mean by external? are you going through a firewall? If so,
this could be an rpc port mapping issue.

Chris

cristina said:
I can't seem to be able to establish a external two-way transative trust
between 2 domains. Trying to establish an external trasative domain going
from 2000 to 2003 environment is giving me a the error: The RPC server is
unavailable.
I can establish trust from the 2003 into the 2000, but not from 2000 into
the 2003. DNS seems to be working fine on both domains.

G

All the servers that I am working with at the moment are behid the firewall, so that should not be afecting it.

I can't seem to set a two-way transative trust going from the old domain to the new domain. The old domain is a 2000 forest domain and the new domain is a 2003 forest domain. External domains --meaning that the trust is going from one forest domain to the other forest, and establishing turst relations between both. I can set the trust one way - and right now it is set to trust the old domain, but I can't get it to be a transative trust -- where both of them trust each other

When trying to access a network server resource on the new domain it tells me that I do not have permission. "Access Denied" -- which makes no sense b/ I am the administrator on both of the domains

What do you mean by having rpc port mapping issues

I have also tried to get rid of the sid security on my new 2003 domain, but I have not had any success with the netdom trust comand line

I would appreciate any info. anyone might offer. Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question