    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...a0fea&dg=microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring

    MissCathexis, Jul 14, 2008

  2. MissCathexis

    Gordon Guest

    "MissCathexis" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I noticed someone else posted this issue before, I wanted to let you know
    >he
    > wasn't the only one concerned about it.
    >
    > Keeping Outlook open reduces available resources, but I do want to be
    > reminded of appointments, even when Outlook isn't open. The previous
    > post
    > mentions that Microsoft Works has a reminder engine that runs in the
    > background. Why can't Outlook have something similar? It seems like the
    > reminder option isn't very effective if it only works when Outlook is
    > open.
    > I think this is important!!

    But email also doesn't work when Outlook isn't open! What do you expect?
    Outlook is designed for a corporate environment, and indeed that is where
    the vast majority of installations occur, therefore that is where the
    functions are aimed. In a coporate environment Outlook IS open all the time.
    if you find Outlook is taking too much of your system resources then you
    need to address that. I am running Outlook 2007 and it takes up 57 MB RAM
    only. If your version (which you failed to post) is taking up much more than
    that then there is something wrong.

    Gordon, Jul 14, 2008

  3. How much ram it uses is dependant on how much is installed (the more you
    have, the more it uses) and whether its minimized... I can get down to about
    15 meg when I minimize Outlook 2007.

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Outlook Tips by email:

    Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

    ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
    when requesting assistance **

    Diane Poremsky {MVP}, Jul 14, 2008
  4. Gordon <> wrote:

    > I am running
    > Outlook 2007 and it takes up 57 MB RAM only. If your version (which
    > you failed to post) is taking up much more than that then there is
    > something wrong.

    System resources are not limited to RAM (and my Outlook right now is taking
    50 MB RAM). There are file handles, user resources, GDI resources, page
    table entries, device control blocks, and other kernel data structures that
    contribute. On the whole, these resources are managed well in NT-based
    versions of Windows, but it's not perfect.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman, Jul 14, 2008