    Thanks,

    Robert

    , Oct 2, 2008

  2. Re: Explorer "Tools" "Folder Options" "Tile Types" not showing all extensions

    wrote:
    > How do I get this tab to show *ALL* extensions, including extensions
    > like .BAT, .EXE etc, which do not show up now...

    Search using Google!
    http://www.google.com/
    (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

    Example search:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Windows+Explorer+in+Windows+XP+show+all+file+extensions

    Example find:
    http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-xp/how-to-view-all-file-extensions-in-windows-xp/

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Shenan Stanley, Oct 2, 2008

  3. prino Guest

    On Oct 2, 8:56 pm, "Shenan Stanley" <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > How do I get this tab to show *ALL* extensions, including extensions
    > > like .BAT, .EXE etc, which do not show up now...

    > Search using Google!
    > http://www.google.com/
    > (How-to:http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html)
    >
    > Example search:http://www.google.com/search?q=Windows+Explorer+in+Windows+XP+show+al...
    >
    > Example find:http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-xp/how-to-view-all-file-exten...

    Yes, I know *that* setting!

    What I want is the "Tools", "Folder Options", "File Types" tab of
    Explorer to show me *ALL* extensions, including, as mentioned .BAT
    and .EXE etc.

    Robert

    prino, Oct 2, 2008
  4. Re: Explorer "Tools" "Folder Options" "Tile Types" not showing all extensions

    prino wrote:
    > Yes, I know *that* setting!
    >
    > What I want is the "Tools", "Folder Options", "File Types" tab of
    > Explorer to show me *ALL* extensions, including, as mentioned .BAT
    > and .EXE etc.

    You mean the "Registered File Types" listing.
    At this point, I don't know how (if you can) show some of the more security
    sensitive file extensions there.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Shenan Stanley, Oct 2, 2008
  5. Alan Edwards Guest

    Re: Explorer "Tools" "Folder Options" "Tile Types" not showing all extensions

    I assume you would have to change the EditFlags for each file type in
    the Registry to allow them to show.

    ....Alan
    http://dts-l.com/index.htm

    On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:26:56 -0700 (PDT), in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, ""

    Alan Edwards, Oct 2, 2008
  6. prino Guest

    I found a 'batfile' key, saved its "EditFlags" (were 0x00000430) and
    set them to 0x00000000. Rebooted.

    ZILCH!

    ..BAT still doesn't show up...

    Puzzled... (and pissed off)

    Robert

    prino, Oct 3, 2008
  7. Alan Edwards Guest

    Re: Explorer "Tools" "Folder Options" "Tile Types" not showing all extensions

    Sorry about that. I remember it worked in Win98 (Bit 1, byte 0 if set
    removed the file type from File Types tab) and really should have
    looked at it in XP before responding.

    ....Alan
    http://dts-l.com/index.htm

    On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 01:28:59 -0700 (PDT), in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, prino <>

    Alan Edwards, Oct 3, 2008
  8. Rey Santos Guest

    RE: Explorer "Tools" "Folder Options" "Tile Types" not showing all ext

    Maybe you mean to show exrensions of known file types. Its in Tools > Folder
    options > View tab, uncheck "Hide extensions of known file types". If this is
    checked .bat, .exe, etc won't show in explorer.
    --
    Rey

    Rey Santos, Oct 3, 2008
  9. prino Guest

    Re: Explorer "Tools" "Folder Options" "Tile Types" not showing allextensions [SOLVED]

    The solution is patently obvious, NOT!

    Select 'New', enter the required non-showing extension, e.g. BAT and
    click on 'Advanced' and then 'OK', et voila, it appears!

    Robert

    prino, Oct 3, 2008
  10. Alan Edwards Guest

    Re: Explorer "Tools" "Folder Options" "Tile Types" not showing all extensions [SOLVED]

    Well done! I wouldn't have picked that this millennium.

    ....Alan

    On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 14:28:30 -0700 (PDT), in

    Alan Edwards, Oct 3, 2008