From: "Deborah Gleason" <[email protected]>
Subject: explorer.exe error
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 04:01:36 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.applications

Many times when I start my computer, it comes up with an
error saying that explorer.exe has generated errors and
will be closed by Windows and you will need to restart
Windows. It takes 2 or 3 restarts before everything comes
up correctly. Does anyone know what is causing this error
and how to fix it? Thanks.
--

Deborah,

What operating system are we running? What was the last think added done to the system before this started happening?
Was this a new install of the operating system or an upgrade of a previous operating system? Does the same thing
happen booting to Safe Mode?

During one of the times you get in try running the following to see what happens.

regsvr32 -i mshtm.dll

This will reregister this DLL file.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.