Exchange and Pop3 in single profile

C

Colin Readiing

I have a number of existing pop3 accounts set up in Outlook 2003. I now need to connect to an Exchange server. Is there a way of setting this up within a single profile so that all of my pre-existing mail doesn't get synchronised back to the exchange server. I would like pop/smtp accounts to use my existing folder structure and the exchange account to use sepaerate folders.

R

Raj

Hello Colin,
Exchange server maintains its own set of folders apart from pop3 account.
You can create by clicking on mail in control panel window to configure
exchange e-mail account.
Have a nice day:)

B

Brian Tillman

Colin Readiing said:
I have a number of existing pop3 accounts set up in Outlook 2003. I
now need to connect to an Exchange server. Is there a way of setting
this up within a single profile so that all of my pre-existing mail
doesn't get synchronised back to the exchange server. I would like
pop/smtp accounts to use my existing folder structure and the
exchange account to use sepaerate folders.

Raj is incorrect. Exchange and POP share folders. The best you can do is
to use rules to sort the mail received via the POP accounts into their own
folders or use a separate profile for the Exchange account.

C

Colin Readiing

Thanks for the quick response!
I understand this bit, however in the E-mail accounts settings, it only appears possible to set one delivery location for all accounts.
For example:
I have created two outlook data files called "personal.pst" and "Business.pst" I have one personal pop3 account and one business Exchange account. I want mail from my personal account to be stored in personal.pst andmail form my business account to be stored in Business.pst. It appears that outlook only allows one .pst file to be used for incoming mail regardless of which account. There doesn't appear to be any way of directly changing this behaviour, but i was wondering if it can be done in the registry.

Ask a Question