Excessive head cleaning on EPSON CX4600

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a problem with my EPSON CX4600 printer. I bought it brand new about 2.5 years ago, and have used it occasionally, mostly for black and white prints, with the occasional weekend stints when the kids want to print color stuff.

I've purchased one complete set of ink (CMYK) last week, and printed about 60 full color 8 x 10 prints, no problem. I needed more ink, so I bought another set of the identical ink this week. I installed new ink cartridges for all four inks, and printed about 10 full color prints, then started to get some minor lines, indicative of needing to clean the heads.

Ever since then, I cannot get a good printout from the printer. I've performed about 15 head cleaning operations, via the EPSON Utility, and have gobbled up more than half of the ink remaining. Now it's starting to get ridiculous... what could be the problem? Is it the ink? Could it be a problem with the printer? It's the first time that I've really pushed the printer with so many full color printouts at one time. Even then, I shouldn't need to clean the heads so many times?

Can anyone give me some ideas or pointers on what to try; or what could be the problem?

Thank you!

David

Ask a Question