Exceptions & Recurring Appointments

Cameron Gray

Is there anyway to change the end-date of a recurring appointment without
losing exceptions? (Or at least preserving them?)

I often setup recurring appointments with no end date then when a project
draws to a close I want to put an end-date in. I don't want to lose the
exceptions as I need to keep a history of appointments.

I can programatically change the end date of the recurrence but I lose the
exceptions. Can anyone suggest a way around this?

The only idea I have is to capture all the exceptions, change the end date,
then re-instate the exceptions by modifying the items. (But this level is
beyond me so any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Cameron.

Boyd

Did you ever get a reply to your question? I have the
same issue and would sure appreciate some resolution.

Cameron Gray

Not to this post, but see my other one. SUBJ: "Outlook Crashes on VBA Code
completion"

Cheers,

Scott Fellman [MSFT]

All,

Changing the end date shouldn't cause you to lose any exception data,
unless of course you end the item before one of the exceptions. Are you
seeing something different? If so, give me some steps to look at so that I
can evaluate this further.

Scott Fellman
Microsoft