Excel

N

newman khan

I started a new job, and am having to build a call list for potential clients. When I find these companies on certain websites or what not, they are listed on a page from top to bottom, sometimes in the many hundreds of companies in one column..
Here is a link , to a sample of what I am working with .

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhkqFcg9vgGhdGhWSnQ2a01mRzlJVU1vVl9fOHZZYUE&hl=en

But Imagine Column A cell values go to A4032, Which is how much information I have to enter.

:
SO I have list with over thousand company?s names and contact info,

But, I am getting company information in different sequence and missing certain values. For example as you can see in link, that Some companies will have address, city state, ph # , Fax # , and website, & then the next company following will only have name , address & website, and different all the time.
Transposing, throws the whole thing out of sequence, So what could I do to help me sort the data in column a ? into the columns E<F<G<H<I
so I would have a workable contact sheet.

In Attached picture, I thought I was onto something and maybe am, but stuck. I thought if I inserted a Column into beginning of sheet, and if could designate certain cells in the new ? column (A) a letter and number. Example:? 24sevencallcenter? would have the following letters and number assigned to each corresponding value. Next to it. E2, Company, F2 Mailing address 1, G2 Mailing address 2, Phone numberH2, Fax I2
have been put the letters and numbers in place. Now I need excel to go down Column A, and when it finds E1. To copy cell adjacent to it, and paste it into that cell whose value is stated in Column A . So if I designate the company?s letters, and then numbers to each different field, I thought this might help in identifying the actual info I wanted to get into the new columns, and would help excel in recognizing my relevant data needed. But can?t find function to do what I need.

What can I do to get this done, I need companies sorted and placed into readable excel , I can then save as csv file and upload into Outlook . Please help?

EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
Recursively Finding All Controls of a specified Type via Generics
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...b-c8aed910ef60/recursively-finding-all-c.aspx

D

Don Guillett

If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if:
1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet
2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line
3. You send a clear explanation of what you want
4. You send before/after examples and expected results.

Ask a Question