Excel X for Mac will only open & save files named 'C'

G

I am using a Mac OS 10.2.7 with Excel X. It will only open and save files named with the single letter 'C' (no punctuation). It will not open any excel files with other names. When I try to open other files I get this error message (the next three lines in quotes):

"‘C’ could not be found.

Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct.

If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files on the file menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved, or deleted."

I can open a new blank file but when I save it, it will automatically rename it with the single letter capital 'C'. This is a new installation of Office; Word works fine and I have not used the other programs. I tried deleting all office programs and reloaded them but this problem persists. English is the default language on my computer & I have not used any other language settings. (Thanks Igor but no luck.)

G

A Genius at the Mac store discovered that Unix doe not like " " (quotes) in the names of disks, foldes & files; I had named my Hard drive with quotes. problem solved!!

----- Christopher wrote: ----

I am using a Mac OS 10.2.7 with Excel X. It will only open and save files named with the single letter 'C' (no punctuation). It will not open any excel files with other names. When I try to open other files I get this error message (the next three lines in quotes):

"‘C’ could not be found.

Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct.

If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files on the file menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved, or deleted."

I can open a new blank file but when I save it, it will automatically rename it with the single letter capital 'C'. This is a new installation of Office; Word works fine and I have not used the other programs. I tried deleting all office programs and reloaded them but this problem persists. English is the default language on my computer & I have not used any other language settings. (Thanks Igor but no luck.)

Ask a Question