Excel Vlookup Help

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to use vlookup to assist me in calculating weights for some of our products that include multiple units.

We have historically done this work manually but I am tired of the repetition and would like to automate this process.

I've done this formula that references an item table that includes the lbs per item.

As the table has products listed in one cell that lists multiple units, I had to use Left, Right and Mid formulas to separate them into individual cells, and only a few products will include 3 items.

My formula looks like this:

=VLOOKUP(H4,'INVENTORY ITEMS'!$A$4:$G$29,7,FALSE)+VLOOKUP(I4,'INVENTORY ITEMS'!$A$4:$G$29,7,FALSE)+IF(J4>0,VLOOKUP(J4,'INVENTORY ITEMS'!$A$4:$G$29,7,FALSE),0)

However the issue keeps coming up that is due to the Mid Right and Left formulas. I can remove these, however I want to make the table automated so we can update it on the fly.

Furthermore, we have some item numbers that are multiples such as 2*ITEMNUMBER, so I would like vlookup to multiply the weights for these items... How can I make a formula to accommodate this?

Ask a Question