Excel VBA Paste Special - replace contents of destination cells

Sam via OfficeKB.com

Hi All,

I'm using Paste Special in a Macro to copy the format and column widths etc
and overwrite some existing data in the destination cells.

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteColumnWidths, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

I receive an Information Alert message: "Do you want to replace the contents
of the destination cells? Yes / No"

How can I reply "Yes" to the Alert Message within the Macro to prevent user
intervention?

Thanks
Sam

Jim Cone

Sam,
You can't reply to it, but you can use the following to prevent
the message from appearing...

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Set this back to True before exiting the Sub.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Sam via OfficeKB.com" <u4102@uwe>
wrote in message Hi All,
I'm using Paste Special in a Macro to copy the format and column widths etc
and overwrite some existing data in the destination cells.

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteColumnWidths, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

I receive an Information Alert message: "Do you want to replace the contents
of the destination cells? Yes / No"
How can I reply "Yes" to the Alert Message within the Macro to prevent user
intervention?
Thanks
Sam

Sam via OfficeKB.com

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for your assistance: that worked Great!

Cheers
Sam