Excel Excel VBA (copying and pasting from one cell to another when it changes)

Reaction score
Hi all, pretty confused here, ive worked with VBA before, in Microsoft Access and Visual Basic but I cannot seem to work out the code for this scenario;

Data is entered into cell O2, I have also cells C9 - C40

when data is added to cell O2 i need it to copy into C9, when the data changes in O2, i need it copied into C10, when it changes again copied into C11 and so on.
I have no clue what I am doing so would need all the code, even if it is anything i need to declare before the proper line of code.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi cuddihy2k7,
Have you started any code for the actions you describe?
If not, does the column C need to contain unique values, or are you trying to keep a log of the changed values?

Stoneboysteve

Reaction score
No I am not keeping a log as such, I work for a pharmaceutical company that uses an electronic balance to weigh products etc, this data then is sent using a piece of software into the cell O2 (could get sent to any location in the worksheet), I need code that copies this into cell C9, and everytime there is a new reading in cell O2, the cells focus is shifted to the cell below (C10), copies the reading into C10, then when a new reading appears in O2, move to C11, and copies that reading into C12 and so on.

I suppose you could say it is like keeping a log but it needs to go into the designated cells (C9-C40)

and no I am unable to write code myself therefore haven't started, other forums I have looked at haven't been helpful

Reaction score
Cuddihy2k7,
A little code in the worksheet change event, a comparison to the last value in C, if it is alright, I am willing to take a go at it.
May take a day or two since I have other stuff to attend.
If you have any sample data, please send it along.
Regards,
Stoneboysteve

Ask a Question