Excel EXCEL, how do I consolidate multiple rows to one row

Reaction score
I have 2,000 "groups" of data in excel that is on 5 rows and 6 columns accross so my sheet is 10,000 rows deep.

Only the top row of each group is 6 cells across, the other 4 rows are single cells.

I want to consolidate the 5 rows into 1 row which would become 10 columns wide and my data sheet would become 2000 rows deep.

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
As an example: While you are in a blank cell with data in cells A2, B2, A3 and B3 use a formula like this:​

Code:
[/left]
[left]=([/size][/font][font=Tahoma][size=2][color=#0000ff]A2[/color][/size][/font][font=Tahoma][size=2])&""&([/size][/font][font=Tahoma][size=2][color=#ff0000]B2[/color][/size][/font][font=Tahoma][size=2])&""&([/size][/font][font=Tahoma][size=2][color=#ff00ff]A3[/color][/size][/font][font=Tahoma][size=2])&""&([/size][/font][font=Tahoma][size=2][color=#008000]B3[/color][/size][/font][font=Tahoma][size=2])[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Tahoma][size=2]

If the data in those cells were the numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4 your new cell with the combined data would look like:

If you want the data from each cell seperated, simply insert a space between the quotes in the formula like this:

&" "&

Then your new cell would look like:

1 2 3 4

You'll have to decide how many cells you want combined into one and then repeat it 9 more times (changing the cells accordingly in the fomula) in order to get your desired width of 10 columns.​

I hope this helps somewhat. I'm still having a hard time picturing this, it seems a little confusing to me :confused: .​

Ask a Question