    Trying to make row heights change to accommodate varying amounts of text
    without manually adjusting the row height. Is there a setting I can use?

    Thanks

    Guest, Jun 13, 2007

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Format>Rows>Autofit with cells set to Wrap Text under Format>Cells>Alignment

    NOTE: if you are using "merged cells" autofit will not work and needs VBA event
    code to change row heights.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Jun 13, 2007

    Laisviak Guest

    Re: Excel: How do I auto expand Cells to show all the wrapped text

    Hi,

    I done all but still not working

    Help
    Laisvune

    Laisviak, Apr 10, 2008

    AnnieB Guest

    Re: Excel: How do I auto expand Cells to show all the wrapped text

    I don't see a reply to "Laisviak" last question, so I am replying in the
    hope of getting an answer. I too have done all I can to adjust row height
    and wrap text, but it is not working.

    I have Outlook 2007, cells are all formated to Text, wrap, allignment
    general and top

    Some of the cells wrap and auto height the rows to show all of the text

    Some of the cells will not auto height the rows and if I manually expand the
    row using my cursor, the text still does not show. It only shows when I
    double click the cell.

    I have hightlighted all rows and chose auto-row height and still some cells
    will not adjust.

    Thanks

    AnnieB, Sep 12, 2008
  5. Re: Excel: How do I auto expand Cells to show all the wrapped text

    KarenS in Mich, Nov 25, 2008
  6. Re: Excel: How do I auto expand Cells to show all the wrapped text

    I'm having the same problem as AnnieB. Have auto row height set, word wrap,
    etc. Have not maxed out in the # characters/cell. Auto height worked when
    only approx 50 characters, but now, as more text added, only getting the ####
    error -- even when manually increasing the row height. Can see the actual
    text when the cell is double clicked.

    Please - does someone have a solution? Am using home version Excel 2007 and
    Vista OS.

    KarenS in Mich, Nov 25, 2008

    sdaf

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ok i found the solution, i feel kinda smart right now. I assume the cell formating is set to text as it should be. change it to special.. that'll do... go figure. JP out

    sdaf, Mar 24, 2010