Excel File Disappears

Reaction score
Hello, I recently downloaded an Excel file to my work-issued HP ProBook 6445b from an email using the Microsoft Outlook Web App. It is possible that I used the desktop Outlook App, but I cannot remember. The computer runs on Windows XP, has Microsoft Office 2007, and because it is issued by my employer I am not an admin-user. I downloaded the .xlsx file to a folder on my desktop and worked on it the whole day, saving periodically. I closed excel to work on another project for a little while, but when I went to reopen the file, it was no where to be found. Because I could not remember the exact name of the file, I used the search function to look for any excel files modified in the past day but no results were found. I even searched the OLK folder but that was empty as well. Does anyone know what happened to this file? It appears to have just disappeared.

Ask a Question