Excel: Allow combination of formula answer and text in one cell

It would be helpful and space saving to be able to have a cell calculate a
formula, and then allow text before or after the answer. For example: the
cell may contain a formula that reads =sum(B1:B14) where the answer is 2.49.
I want the cell to SHOW "2.49 per unit"

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...dg=microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Good points, Peo

plus...if the number would be used for subsequent calculations:

Custom Number Format: 0.00" per unit"

(I think MS has this particular one covered)

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

Jim Cone

plus, if you want to show a note in the formula bar,
but not in the cell...
=SUM(B1:B14) + N(" calculated per unit ")
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Ron Coderre"