Excel Excel 2010

Reaction score
I am new to Excel 2010 but I am learning quickly. I love working with Excel and once I know what to do and where to go, I'm all set.

At this moment, I was asked to create a yearly spreadsheet (one month per tab) for sales reps and what they do in terms of correspondence.

In the old version we had here (Excel 2003), I tried doing the same and it didn't work, either.

What I'm trying to do is whatever information is created in January (names of clients and sales for that month) be transferred to February BUT allowing to make changes in February for the month following. So, if in January I had company ABC, BCA, CAB and in February I added CCB, I'd like it to show up in March. I used the "=" sign and it works from January to February but not from February to March....maybe it's because its already a formula? I'd like some help in this please.

Another explanation: In February, one company was removed, I'd like it to not show up in March. And then any changes from March onto April. Basically, each month, the reps will be able to add or remove clients but data stays for stat purposes.

Can this be done with perhaps an "IF" formula????

Reaction score
There is nothing new in Excel 2010 that would allow this to work that I know of. There may, however, be a way to do it. I'll think about it and see if I come up with anything. Maybe someone else will have another idea before I respond again.

Reaction score
I've stared at a 3 sheet spreadsheet for a sufficient amount of time for me to say that I don't think it's do-able automatically without VBA. Even with VBA, it would take someone who knows a good deal of it. My suggestion for the easiest way (and way with the fewest headaches) to do this would be to simply copy the list of companies over at the beginning of each month. You could do this manually or, potentially, with a macro. Hopefully someone else has a better answer for you! Good luck!

Ask a Question