    Ivancho Guest

    When I try to open xls file with Excel 2007 it opens very slow. What is he
    solution for this problem?

    Ivancho, Feb 18, 2008

  2. Ivancho

    NONE Guest

    I have found that the bigger the file size the slower Excel will open. The
    best solution I can come up with for this problem is to use multiple
    workbooks if possible.

    NONE, Feb 21, 2008

  3. Ivancho

    Mike S Guest

    Quoting (in response to Jalal's "Excel 2007 opening files
    slow & errors"):
    >>> I had the same problems with Excel either opening XLS and XLSX files
    >>> slowly or not at all. I just fixed the file associations for both of
    >>> them. Here is what I did.
    >>>
    >>> 1) Open an Explorer window and click Folder Option, then File Types.
    >>> Scoll down to either XLS or XLSX file type (you need to do the same
    >>> for both of them)
    >>>
    >>> 2) Once you has XLS (or XLSX) selected, then click Advanced.
    >>>
    >>> 3) Click on the OPEN action and then click Edit.
    >>>
    >>> 4) Under the Application to use box it probably says "....Microsoft
    >>> Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE" /e" or something similar. Replace the /e
    >>> with "%1" (including the quotes). so it should now look like this:
    >>> "...Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE" "%1"
    >>>
    >>> 5) You can uncheck the "Use DDE" also.
    >>>
    >>> Once that is done close out of all those screen and try to open the
    >>> XLS (or XLSX depending on what which one you changed) and it would
    >>> open right up in Excel. This fixed the problems I was having.

    Also take a look at Nick Hodge's suggestions.

    Mike S, Mar 6, 2008