Excel Excel 2007 Formula Help

Reaction score
I currently work for a benefits company and I want to calculate the effective date of a clients benefits. Lets just say, their benefits are effective the first of the month following 60 days from their date of hire. For example, some on is hired 3/15/2010 I know that they will be effective 5/1. How do i get excel to make this calculation by entering the hire date?

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think you can add a time variable, for example 60 days is 1440 hours. So if the start date is placed in A1, you would add the following formula in B1 to give the benefit date:

A1+TIME(1440,0,0)

This is just off the top of my head, so someone else may know a better way of doing this :)

Reaction score
I'm trying to find out if there is a formula or macro that will help me create a sequential numbering system for inventory across multiple tabs or worksheets. I need it to maintain the last number generated and when I enter a new item to any of the worksheets it automatically generates a new number for this item base on the last issued number. The formula I am using right now allows me to somewhat do what I want but I have to remember the last number and change the formula accordingly so it maintains the numbering sequence plus I have to copy this formula to each line item. This is my formula I am using right now of =TEXT(ROW(A2),"000-000").

Ask a Question