    Jim davidson Guest

    How can I restore my excel spreadsheets that were converted to 2007 trial
    involuntarily?

    Jim davidson, Sep 11, 2009

  2. Jim davidson

    Gord Dibben Guest

    By installing 2007 you "volunteered" to convert.

    If you still have the trial 2007, open the workbooks and save as 2003
    version.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:00:01 -0700, Jim davidson <Jim

    Gord Dibben, Sep 11, 2009

  3. Jim davidson

    Bob I Guest

    Have you installed the Office compatibility package on 2003 or are you
    still using the 2007 trial?

    Bob I, Sep 11, 2009
  4. Jim davidson

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    Jim davidson wrote:
    > How can I restore my excel spreadsheets that were converted to 2007 trial
    > involuntarily?

    Involuntarily? I don't think so. 2007 Excel files have the default
    extension of .xlsx unless they contain macros. Your 2003 .xls file
    should still be available on disk, although it won't have the changes
    you made to it in 2007.

    As you probably have found out by now you can save files used in Excel
    2007 in the 97-2003 format. I have both 2003 and 2007 on my computer. If
    I open an .xls file 2007 will save it as an .xls file.

    Bill

    Bill Sharpe, Sep 11, 2009