Excel 2000 not responding, opening, loading

G

I cannot open any excel files. Anyway I try to open them, new or old, excel freezes up. When I open the file, excel loads, the toolbars load, but when it comes time for the worksheets to load, the screen stays grey and the hour glass shows the program as busy. No matter how long I wait, the hour glass stays. Then I do a Control/Alt/Delete and it says that excel is not responding. I have tried reinstalling, uninstalling/reinstalling, office maintence, defrag, scan disk, virus scan. I checked excel.exe and it shows that it hasn't been motified since 1999. I don't know what else to do. Any thoughts on what else to do? FYI its office 2000 and Windows 98. It just happend a couple days ago, so I was thinking of maybe do a system restore or recovery (if thats what its called). And go back about a week in the system to when it was working fine. I am just stuck on what to do. Thanks. Brett

D

Daniel.M

Hi,

Check out for any *.xlb (configuration files) on your harddisk and move them
into another directory you just created.
Check out also for any program in your XLStart directory (*.xla, *.xls *.xlb)
and move them elsewhere.

Regards,

Daniel M.

Ask a Question