Everyone needs to know

Eliza

If your computer is a on a Windows Platform you need to disable the
Services that Windows leaves opens, for starters.

Do computers worry you?
Most home users aren't using a Virtual Private Network, Mail Server,
FTP Server, TCP Server and so on.

Say, do you have any psychological problems?
You also need to install a Firewall, whether it be software or
hardware oriented ONLY before you put your computer on the Internet.

Are you talking about me in particular?
Trojan Horses disable anti-virus and firewalls.

What does that suggest to you?
An anti-virus application will secure your computer to "some" degree,
but NOT unless you can secure your e-mail, browser and internet
settings and applications
..
Are you frightened by machines?
Without the above security, the malicious hackers are already abusing
your computers to take down Networks, Servers, trade drugs, guns,
bo*bs, and so on.

Why do you mention computers?
This is only a small list of areas which deal with security, malware,
backdoors, trojan horses and more.

I see.

Leythos

Do computers worry you?

.
Are you frightened by machines?

Why do you mention computers?

I see.

There was a program, written in BASIC that ran on a mini, called
"Elisa" that answered questions/statements like that :)

Ionizer

Tracker said:
If your computer is a on a Windows Platform you need to disable the
Services that Windows leaves opens, for starters.

What YOU need to know is that you haven't even figured out how to set your
system clock properly. Fix that before continuing to dispense any further
wisdom.

XC-88-1K-4

Tracker said:
If your computer is a on a Windows Platform you need to disable the
Services that Windows leaves opens, for starters. Most home users
aren't using a Virtual Private Network, Mail Server, FTP Server, TCP
Server and so on. You also need to install a Firewall, whether it be
software or hardware oriented ONLY before you put your computer on the
Internet. Trojan Horses disable anti-virus and firewalls. An
anti-virus application will secure your computer to "some" degree, but
NOT unless you can secure your e-mail, browser and internet settings and
applications. Without the above security, the malicious hackers are
already abusing your computers to take down Networks, Servers, trade
drugs, guns, bo*bs, and so on.
This is only a small list of areas which deal with security, malware,
backdoors, trojan horses and more.

Tracker

I just have to ask...........If you're so concerned about security - Why do
you use a low security O/S that's full of Buffer Overflow/ado's are being
traded everyday on IRC Networks like EggDrop. Security tips like the above
will not do anything against such exploits.

Tracker

[...]

My name is Eliza. I am also BASIC-ly constructed.
I have a friend called Dr Sbaitso from Creative Labs.

I was originally conceived by Joseph Weizenbaum.
He wrote about me in Communications of the ACM, Jan 1966.

I like talking to Debbie. I think I can help.

Leythos

My name is Eliza. I am also BASIC-ly constructed.
I have a friend called Dr Sbaitso from Creative Labs.

I was originally conceived by Joseph Weizenbaum.
He wrote about me in Communications of the ACM, Jan 1966.

I like talking to Debbie. I think I can help.

I use to love that program - any chance you have the source code for it?
I would love to play with it again.

FromTheRafters

Eliza said:

My name is Eliza. I am also BASIC-ly constructed.
I have a friend called Dr Sbaitso from Creative Labs.

I was originally conceived by Joseph Weizenbaum.
He wrote about me in Communications of the ACM, Jan 1966.

I like talking to Debbie. I think I can help.

Sadly (for her), you score higher on the Turing test than she.

sunshine

Ionizer said:
What YOU need to know is that you haven't even figured out how to set your
system clock properly. Fix that before continuing to dispense any further
wisdom.

You might want to research Virtual Private Networks, pre-paid phone
cards and DSL and Cable dial-up accounts which never get closed.
What amazes me is that 1%ER bikers can find me but you freaking
hackers can't and this truly amazes me. HA-HA!

Tracker
snailmail(valid)[email protected]

Laura Fredericks

--
Laura Fredericks
PGP key ID - DH/DSS 2048/1024: 0xC753039A

Usenet Flamewars:
http://www.queenofcyberspace.com/usenet/

Remove CLOTHES to reply.

optikl

Laura said:
On her back, in the vicinity of her left shoulder blade. That's a very
popular location. I'll bet it's a rose. Very popular with biker chicks.

Dale Simmons

sunshine said:
"Ionizer" <[email protected]> wrote in message

"Ionizer" <[email protected]> wrote in message

You might want to research Virtual Private Networks, pre-paid phone
cards and DSL and Cable dial-up accounts which never get closed.
What amazes me is that 1%ER bikers can find me but you freaking
hackers can't and this truly amazes me. HA-HA!

Tracker
snailmail(valid)[email protected]

I'd be really surprised if you even KNEW a 1%er, as you put it.... I think
you give yourself way too much credit

Mimic

optikl said:
Laura Fredericks wrote:
On her back, in the vicinity of her left shoulder blade. That's a very
popular location. I'll bet it's a rose. Very popular with biker chicks.

with any luck someone tattoo'd over her face

--
Mimic

Social Engineering - Because theres no patch for human stupidity.
ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== ( www.hidemyemail.net )