every 3d game crashes, please help

Reaction score
Hi, I have amd 64 3000+, ati radeon 9250 128MB, mb gygabyte k8-ns, 2x256 mb ram.
Every 3d game I run (for example GTA) lasts for about 30 minutes and then exits with error message, with the window that has buttons "Don't send" and "Send error report". Or sometimes nothing apears, it just exits.
Sometimes apears blue screen saying something about stack, or IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or something like that, and at the end ususaly is name of some file. Last time there was ati2cqag.dll.
I have updated my video card drivers and reinstaled win xp sp2 and nothing happens.

Could someone help me ??? Please.

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Without the full error I can't help much ... it could be anything from overheating to bad Ram to a failing hard drive even a USB device, though I first suspect ATI drivers.

Can I ask you to fill in the missing information, especially any error mesage in full. :D

To help us help you, please make sure you provide the following information when asking a technical question about your PC:
  • Operating System: e.g. Windows XP or Windows Vista
  • Anti Virus Software : e.g. AVG Free, Norton
  • Anti Spyware Software : e.g. AdAware, Microsoft Defender
  • How do you connect to the net : e.g. ADSL (router?), 56k Modem
  • Your Computer Specifications - This is very important!!
If you are unsure of your system specifications you can download SIW here which is a free tool that can give you all of the information you need to know. If you aren't familiar with your system, things to mention from SIW are : Motherboard vendor and model (motherboard tab), physical memory (system info tab), CPU name (CPU info tab), Video Processor (video tab).

If you think you have a virus/spyware on your system that you can't remove using the normal tools then please be sure to attach a HJT log from here. This will help us diagnose applications that run at startup.
... :thumb:

welcome to the forums ;)

Reaction score
I am using XP SP2, NOD32 antivirus. I use modem to connect to internet.
My platform is AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 2x256 pc 400 kingston, maxtor 120 GB sata, ati radeon 9250 128mb VIVO, mb GA-K8NS.
I hadn't this problem earlier. My computer started to do this lately. I havent't instaled anything new or something.
And there isn't always error after crash, mostly it just exits the game and shows desktop. Sometimes after 5 minutes, and sometimes after 30 minutes. What it couls be ?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you update your drivers to the latest version? If so, try going back to a revision about a year earlier just to see if it is your drivers.

Reaction score
But the problem is that this happens even with the old drivers.
Could it be that video card overheats ?
Because I live in Montenegro, and the temperatures here are abot 40 degrees Celzius.
Do I need to put another fan ?
The strangest thing that it started happening a month ago. And I haven't instaled any new hardware, or software.
I start the game and after few minutes it exits.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you think it could be overheating try removing the side of the case whilst you are using the PC - see if that makes a difference. Of course just be careful not to touch anything inside with the case is off ;)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
perhaps the card itself is just simply failing>?

Reaction score
To me it sounds like the card is overheating if it only does it on 3d game after a certain amount of time. A 9250 doesn't exactly come with a monster cooler, and if temps are idling at 40 degrees room temperature it is going to be running pretty hot.

Perhaps look into either generally lowering case temp, or getting a better heatsink/fan for your card? In fact if I am right you don't even have a fan on your card, so it could be that.

Ask a Question